[Advaita-l] Avachheda Vaada

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 08:07:42 EDT 2021

On Mon, 6 Sep 2021, 5:07 pm Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l, <

> Namaste
> I agree, I don't think Bhamati advocates chaitanya pratibimbavAda, but the
> wording seems to indicate that the bhAmatikAra is not against it as a
> matter of principle.

The cited Bhamati passage could be reflecting the Taittiriya passage ' यो
वेद निहितं गुहायां परमे व्योमन् ' which itself says 'he who realises -
sakshatkara - that Brahman available in the cave of the intellect, buddhi
guhaa.' So the Consciousness reflected in the intellect is the vishaya for
that avidya nivartaka vritti. In the ' आत्मा वा अरे द्रष्टव्यः..' the
bhashyam says ' दर्शनविषयमापादयितव्य:'.

Regards
Subbu