[Advaita-l] Parmana

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 01:02:18 EDT 2022

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 10:36 PM Anand N via Advaita-l <
>

>> To gain more clarity, I have a follow up question:
>> So, if I see a tree, then it is Pratyaksha but Paroksha, since I am using
>> my eyes?

... in continuation, if you meant to say that the tree is pratyakSha to you
but it is parokSha because it is not you, then that is true with everything
other than AtmA. Yet, that is not how the word parokSha# is used.
Similarly, although AtmA is ever-aparokSha, only aparokSha-jnAna makes it
aparokSha.

#as an aside, if you recall the vyAkaraNa-sUtra parokShe liT, it might help
see how the word parokSha can be understood further! At the very least, it
can add to more fun :-)

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */