[Advaita-l] Parmana

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 00:35:31 EDT 2022

Namaste Anand ji,

It seems to me that you are using parokSha and aparokSha quite differently
than what they mean in the Vedanta tradition.

For what it is worth, pratyakSha and aparokSha can be mostly used
interchangeably. pratyakSha is not only reserved for those that you cognise
through your sense organs, but also your emotions, etc, since they are
pratyakSha to the sAkShI you and thereby called as sAkShi-pratyakSha.
parokSha is outside this fold. For example, lets say you hear of svarga or
other lokas described in Vedas or purANas as chanted or narrated by
someone; the hearing of those words is pratyakSha but the lokas themselves
remain parokSha. So too Ishvara!

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 10:36 PM Anand N via Advaita-l <