[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Re: Analysis of Standpoints

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:36:13 EST 2022

Namaskaram Putram Ji,

Reg  <<  The statue-cognition for both jnani and ajnani is not simply due
to adhyasa that has to vanish upon realizing I am seeing Stone only. It
denotes a lower order of reality >>,

I do not think as between stone and statue, there is any lower or higher
Order of Reality, both represent the same rder of Reality for both jnAni
and ajnAni. But in respect of a jnAni, both stone and statue are
appearances only,lower Order of Reality, the Reality of both being Brahman
which is the same as Atman, which is the *I* sense of him. That is what is
meant by sarvAtmabhAva of a jnAni. For the ajnAni, both as stone as well as
as statue, it is different from *him*, his *I* sense.