[Advaita-l] Anangagiri's significant comment

Vinodh vinodh.iitm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 21:45:16 EST 2022

On Sat 15. Jan 2022 at 13:57, nsaha12 at yahoo.com <nsaha12 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Namaskaram, Vinod ji and Subbu ji,
>
> V: Sri Niranjan ji, thank you for your response, which is
> non-contradictory to
> what I have said (Shankara’s period has been argued to be 508-477 BCE. )
>
> N: I just wonder if it's held to be 7/8th Century CE.

I am aware of the arguments in support of both periods and the counters to
the 7/8th century CE period as told by Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi in
a 1963 discourse. The breadth and details of the various aspects discussed
in the discourse provide a convincing argument that Shankara’s period is in
the BCE and not in the CE period.

I had typed the English translation of his discourse on this subject from
the book Voice of God Vol 5 (a translation of Deivattin Kural) earlier over
a series of 4 emails in another group:
https://groups.google.com/g/advaitin/c/yiuAn3bDpMg/m/Tf2zbzyPAgAJ

Although I had initially started with the aim of only give a few excerpts,
I ended up typing almost the entire discourse to be able to do full justice
to the depth and breadth of the topics he has addressed in it. It may
contain a few typographical errors here and there. My apologies for those
errors. If you seem to find any serious errors in what I have written,
please do let me know, and I would be happy to check again and send you
photos of the corresponding pages from the book if required.

Namaskaram 🙏