[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Thu Jul 7 01:26:41 EDT 2022

praNAms Sri Venkatraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Sorry yesterday I could not write to you as I left office bit early.  Here is my observation :

Such AdhikArika jIva-s have complete tattvajnAna. As the bhAShyakAra categorically states in the yAvadadhikAra adhikaraNam –

Ø    adhikArika jiva-s have complete tattvajnAna means they are brahman ( tattva jnana = brahma jnana and those who have this jnana brahman) so what this tattva jnana would help them to realize is : edam brahma ekarasaM, eha brahmaNi nAnA nAsti kinchana ‘aNumAtramapi’.  If the tattvajnAna is such a strong realization that edam sarvaM brahma and there is no duality whatsoever (aNumAtramapi) how can they engage in vyavahAra which is obviously based on duality??  Yes, there is bAdhitAnuvrutti explanation is there for this seeming vyavahAra of jnAni-s BUT without the vyavahAra satyatva buddhi i.e. he is tattvajnAni, others are still in the realm of avidyA and ‘I’ as an individual tattvajnAni enlighten them as per the orders of Ishwara.  By the way as we know Ishwara is only in vyavahAra and his existence, upAdhi-s etc. are mere avidyAkrutaM ( brahman conditioned by name and form set up by ‘avidyA’ becomes Ishwara, says bhAshya) and how can a tattvajnAni attributes satyatvaM to the Ishwara tattva which is avidyAkruta  when he himself in ekaM eva adviteeya j tattva jnana ??  obeying the orders of Ishwara, seeing the other jeeva-s as ajnAni-s, seeing himself as paramArtha jnAni, for teaching this jnana taking birth using prArabdha etc. does not prove satyatva buddhi in vyavahAra while staying in paramArtha??

He says - just like bhagavAn savitA presides over the earth for a 1,000 yugas and at the end of which, he gives up his body (which rises and sets) and has videhamukti ; and like the brahmavit-s of our time attain videhamukti at the end of prArabdha  - the AdhikArika jIva-s like apAntaratama etc attain videhamukti at the end of their prArabdha.

The jIvamukta continues to engage in vyavahAra for lokakshema until his prArabdha lasts. The difference between him and the AdhikArika jIva is that, for the former, his prArabdha lasts until the fall of one body. For the AdhikArika jIva-s, their prArabdha lasts for a few births.

Now, we don't admit that there is any bheda between and within jIva-jagat-Ishvara for the jIvanmukta, so why should there be such bheda for the AdhikArika jIva?

Ø     Kindly see above, if there is absolutely no bheda whatsoever, being established themselves in tattvajnAna how can adhikArika special jeeva-s could still see some other ajnAni jiva-s and how can they still obey the orders of Ishwara when Ishwara tattva itself avidyAkruta…I am finding this difficult to do samanyava with Advaita paripUrNa jnana hence guessed these tattvajnAnis’ realization might be something similar to krama mukti where Ishwara-jeeva bheda still holds good.

vyavahAra and paramArtha are not avasthA-s, states. paramArtha is right here, right now present - in the middle of all the vyavahAra. The jIvanmukta despite being the paramArtha, seemingly engages in vyavahAra. So does the AdhikArika jIva.

Ø     adhikArika jiva and jeevanmukta-s seemingly engaging in activities, is interesting observation, please elucidate if your time permits.  Perhaps the above statement we have to understand with the bhAshya vAkya : vidvAn sa ehaiva brahma yadyapi dehavAn eva lakshyate, sa brahmaiva san brahmApyeti.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar