[Advaita-l] Rtam and Satyam

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:45:33 EDT 2022

Namaste.

The following is from the Taittariya Up Bhashya Vartika of Swami Sri
Sureswaracharya

<<  यथाशास्त्रं  यथाकार्यं  बुद्धौ  सुपरिनिश्चितम्  I

      ऋतं  तत्वधीनत्वाद्वदिष्यामीति  सङ्गतिः II  >>  Verse 46

<<  yathAshAstraM  yathAkAryaM  buddhau  suparinishchitam  I

      RRitaM  tatvadhInatvAdvadiShyAmIti  sa~NgatiH  II  >>

Translation (Sri Balasubrahmanian)  <<  That which is fully ascertained by
the intellect as taught in the scripture and as constituting our duty is
called Rtam. Since it is under your control, I will declare you to be Rtam

<<  प्रयोगस्य  तदेवर्तं  सत्यमभिधीयते  I

       तदपि  त्वदधीनत्वाद्वदिष्याम्येव  साम्प्रतम्  II  >>   Verse  47

<<   prayogasya  tadevartaM  satyamabhidhIyate  I

       tadapi  tvadadhInatvAdvadiShyAmyeva  sAmpratam  II  >>

Translation  <<  The same (Rtam), when executed in action, is called
Satyam. Since that, too, is under your control, I shall declare you to be
that (Satyam).  >>
Regards