[Advaita-l] Confusion about free will.

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:49:35 EDT 2022

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 2:11 PM Vishesh Bhat via Advaita-l <

> Just an addition to the previous question. There is also the matter of the
> worlds attained after death. Aren't these also based on our Karma? If one
> already reaps the fruits of Karma by experiencing heaven and hell,then what
> is left for the next life?

Suppose you want 10 things on a shopping trip, you may need to buy them
across 3 shops at different times in different geographies. Can someone
insist that since you shopped in a mall, your shopping is over? No! So too,
not all results of many variegated karma can be given in one loka or the
other. Moreover, not all results can be experienced in a particular life
form/ body. Some forms exists in particular era, in particular lokas. A
jIva who deserves all of these since he has earned it has to be given those
based on time, place, loka, life form. The karma earned tends to infinity.
Never will it exhaust, unless one steps out of claiming the results
thinking oneself as an eligible bhoktA who earned all those by being a
kartA!

Enough on karma. Hope you can move on. :-)

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */