[Advaita-l] An Anecdote

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 25 22:20:49 EDT 2022

Dear friends,       Here is an anecdote which reveals a very profound truth.Quote:
Once in the forest the Buddha wasasked by one of his disciples toexplain the workings of karma. TheBuddha took in his hand a snatch of leaves and said to the disciple: ‘What isgreater, the number of leaves in my hand or those on the floor of the forest inwhich we sit?’

The disciple replied the leaves onthe floor of the forest.

The Buddha then said, “In the sameway, what I teach you is but the small number of teachingsnecessary for you to be liberated from the cycle of birth and death.”
The implication of this dialogue isthat there are many teachings
available but they are not necessaryif we wish to be liberated.
#~#Unquote.A true Guru in the real sense (ananyaH||) implements this advicewhen he teaches a sincere mumumkshu.
With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy