[Advaita-l] [advaitin] A talk on avidyA by Manjushree

Michael Chandra Cohen michaelchandra108 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 07:25:49 EST 2022

Namaste Jaishankara Narayan, thank you for your reflections in reply. I
have taken the liberty of sharing your response on Facebook and will, in
turn, share here worthy responses.

To  your first point, what is mithya? Vedanta Sara is
staunchly mulAvidyAvada. .The text lists 5 definitions of maya/avidya all
of which denote some kind of positive, bhavarupa, existent.
To your second point, a) please translate Brbh 3.5.1. -- b) " Now the above
(pedagogical tool) applies exactly to moolavidya. " -- moola avidya is an
existent, Eshwara's Maya Shakti, a positive bhavarupa avidya and not simply
a teaching tool?
To your third point, please be specific, how exactly and where has jnana
abhava been dealt with?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 1:02 AM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <