[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Asked of Chatgpt: "Are there any definitions or descriptions that depict a positive ignorance in Sankara's commentary on the Brahma Sutras or classic 10 Upanishads whether in context or otherwise?

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 08:04:57 EDT 2024

Dennis - Greetings

So, what is your understanding ofavidya - Is it bhaava ruupa or abhaava ruupa? Just curious.

Question: The ignorance of the ropedoes it lead to the projection of a snake based on partial knowledge or themind, ignorant of the rope, projects a snake based on prior knowledge ofsimilarities in the perceived objects?

What is the common experience ofeveryone? Does the moola avidya differ from avidya of the rope?

Just a question.

Hari Om!

Sada

Sada