[Advaita-l] pratiyogI-jnAna being mandatory for abhAva-jnAna

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 00:31:34 EDT 2024

The question is very simple BhAskar ji. In order to know whether there is
abhAva of ushkalanta in the room, one has to first know what is ushkalanta.

So, x-abhAva-jnAna in the room requires x-jnAna.

This is what advaita teachings holds.

I was interested to know if any other Indian Philosophy branch holds
contrary view.

Regards.