[Advaita-l] pratiyogI-jnAna being mandatory for abhAva-jnAna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Mon Jul 29 00:49:05 EDT 2024

praNAms Sri Sudhanshu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I would like to know this from avidyA-vidyA perspective.  Hence I asked that doubt.  To talk anything about Atma jnAna we should have had knowledge about it  ‘then’ and feeling the absence of the same ‘now’.  If this query not related /applicable to this then I have least interest in knowing anything further.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

The question is very simple BhAskar ji. In order to know whether there is abhAva of ushkalanta in the room, one has to first know what is ushkalanta.

So, x-abhAva-jnAna in the room requires x-jnAna.

This is what advaita teachings holds.

I was interested to know if any other Indian Philosophy branch holds contrary view.