[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Re: pratiyogI-jnAna being mandatory for abhAva-jnAna

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 23:42:02 EDT 2024

Namaste Bhaskar ji,
No, you have not understood the intent correctly.

~C is a mathematical operation referring to the negation of C, making C
absent. That is not being meant here. What is meant is the knowledge that C
is absent.

The whole point of this is that a hare's horn is not simply AB, the
knowledge of whose absence requires the prior knowledge of A and B - it is
C, something different.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Thu, 1 Aug 2024, 08:56 Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <