[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Re: pratiyogI-jnAna being mandatory for abhAva-jnAna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Jul 31 23:37:28 EDT 2024

praNAms Sri Lokesh prabhuji
Hare Krishna

C is definitely dependent on A and B, because no one can understand C, unless they understand what A and B are.

  *   IMO, here in this context C (hare’s horn or vaNdhyA putra) is atyanta abhAva vastu so no question of its dependency nor there is a question of its understanding.  C is an abhAva vastu that is what we need to understand in this context OTOH what we are trying to say here is,  I know there is hare (A) and I also know there is horn on the bull (B) so hare’s horn is A&B, totally unwarranted logic to give existence to an absolutely non-existent thing!!  IMO, this is how the mere logic (shushka tarka) can damage our anubhava sammata (experience based) shrutyukta tarka.  bhAshyakAra always warns us against engaging ourselves in dry logic.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar