[Advaita-l] Duality of truth and anirvacanIya khyAti/sadasadvilakSaNa

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 17:18:37 EDT 2024

On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 6:24 PM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <

> We do not belive there is a ~p when it comes to Brahman; only p.

Isn't the position  "only P and there is no  ^p and it is just a
convention" an assumption?  Using this assumption proving non-duality is
indeed begging a question.

> That the
> world-appearance seems to be ~p is only a matter of conventional relations
> (vyavahara).  It is possible to express logical truth in terms of
> relations without making exclusive truth claims.  For instance "Yoda is
> Luke Skywalkers' father." "Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers' father."  We
> can
> recognize the first sentence as false and the second sentence as true
> within the universe of Star Wars even though Yoda, Darth Vader and Luke
> Skywalker are all figments of George Lucas's imagination.

Even though its content is not true,  the imagination itself is true and
conceived by him in a specific given dEsha-kAla. At the end we left with P
(George Lucas) and his true imagination (^p). This is not a good example as
it allows duality of kartu-karama, which Shankara ill-offered to admit in
Brahman.

/SV