[Advaita-l] what is the technical definition of Drik in Advaita?

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:11:51 EDT 2024

> I have not said Shudha Brahman is sAkshi. I understand Drik to be Shuddha
> Brahman.

You mean (drik = shuddha Brahman) which is not same as sAkshI? But drik
means seer. How can shuddha Brahman be seer. The logic which differentiates
sAkshI and Brahman, differentiates drik and Brahman also. SAkshI and drik
must be same.

> I understand Shuddha Brahman to be the Illuminator of everything. That
> includes avidyA and its kArya like time etc.

Advaita Siddhi clearly holds - सा चाविद्या साक्षिवेद्या, न
तु शुद्धचित्प्रकाश्या ।

avidyA is not illuminated by shuddha chaitanya but by sAkshI.

Illuminator-hood of Brahman is by avidyA. The moment we say - Brahman is
illuminator - avidyA stands accepted beforehand. And hence shudda Brahman
stands manifested as sAkshI, which is drik.

Regards.