Experiencing Aatman

Tue Feb 22 14:34:33 CST 2000

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, elmec wrote:

> Regarding taking up discussions on Upadesha Saahasri, kindly excuse me. I am
> not a competent person to do it. Nor do I possess proficiency in either
> Sanskrit or English language to do it.

If you have a sincere desire to learn the teachings of Advaita Vedanta and
faith in their results, that's all the competency you need.  Some people
are far ahead, some have barely started but we are dealing with the
Eternal so what's the hurry?  As long as there is forward movement, there
is no reason anyone should feel bad about not being an "expert".  Everyone
will become an expert in due time.  And even an expert can find something
new to learn.

I think other list members will agree with me that the articles you have
posted have been of geat interest.  I am confident that you could do
justice to the upadesha sahasri so please reconsider.  Or pick some other
work or discourse that interests you.  (the same applies to all other list
members.  If there is some teaching you have read that has enlightened,
intrigued or perplexed you, chances are it will be of interest to others
too so share it with us.)

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.