Yagnopavitha dhaarana

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Wed Jul 12 10:18:15 CDT 2000

elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN wrote;

> While doing the Pitru kaaryas, the thread is to be worn passing on the
> right shoulder and coming down to the left side of the wearer, as during
> the performance of "Shraadhdha ", the annual offerings made to the
> forefathers.

Kindly note the pitru tarpanam as part of brahma yagyam is to be done by
all people daily as it is not for the respective person's forefathers but
to the "generic" pitri's ... a lot of people have the mistaken idea that
this part of brahma yagyam is to be done by only people whose parents have
passed on, but that it not right.

bhava shankara desikame sharaNam.
Vaidya.

--