Vishnu and Shiva

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 11 18:39:27 CST 2003

Namaskaaram,

> >SaguNa brahman is not different from nirguNa Brahman.
>
>How so? so is brahman both saguna and nirguna at the same time?

You answered it. Brahman is nirguNa as such, but saguNa from the point of
view of maya.

>The most common attributes of brahman from the upanishads are satyam,
>gnyanam and anantam. These refer to the infiniteness of brahman, and in one
>sense, can be thought of as definitions of brahman.

There are others. Anandamaya, all pervading, eternal, etc. The best
definition is however neti neti.

>Ok, first I'd like to understand well what you mean by saying that vishnu
>is
>brahman. Does brahman stay in vaikuntha, have shankha, chakra etc? Does
>vishnu? If not, who is this new vishnu. If yes, and vishnu is brahman, does
>brahman now have qualities etc?

The point is not whether Vishnu is brahman or not. It is that rudra cannot
be brahman, Refer to my original post.

Best Regards
Kalyan