[Advaita-l] Re: Is an ISvara compatible with advaita?

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 11:52:15 CST 2005

hariH Om !!

satyam - real - one which exists in all the three
periods of time - eg. only the Self

tuCham - unreal - one which does not exist in any
period of time (past, present, future) - eg. horns of
a man

mithya - non-real - one which does exist and goes at
some time, but does not exist independent of satyam -
eg. the wave which does not exist independent of
ocean, the world which does not exist independent of
Isvara - wave is ocean, similarly world is Isvara. In
this example even ocean is mithya when compared to
water. So, water is satyam in the example of wave,
ocean, water. On further investigation the Self will
prove to be the only satyam behind all the manifest
world.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna