[Advaita-l] Gurukula system - Is it Vedic?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Aug 31 02:29:43 CDT 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> Dear Advaita-l list members
>
> Would you please answer the issues raised in this mail.
>
> Thank you
>
> Srikrishna

Please ignore the kind of silly people who think "mantars" teach shunya.
You are doing a wonderful service.  (My excuse?  I am not an amex card
holder.)

A gurukul is simply "the gurus house"  Then and now some teachers were
rich, some were poor.  Then and now Some learning took place in
formal institutions with hundreds of pupils, some learning took place on an
ad-hoc basis with a few or only one pupil.  The idea there is some
special 48 year Vedic curriculum is simply absurd.