[Advaita-l] jeevanamuktha vis-a-vis avadhoota

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:58:04 CDT 2009

>Living is a bondage and liberating is without any bondage.  How both

>can co-exist?  I wonder.

If ceasing to live helps liberation we don't advaita. If life is a bondage, after death one might as well come back into that bondage. So living can not be by itself bondage.

The word Jivanmukta is the goal of advaita. Going by Shruti Br.U.I.4.15 one should better become a Jivanmukta before end of life, otherwise the life is a waste.

Regards

Bhadraiah