[Advaita-l] The Jnani's feeling of physical pain

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Oct 21 01:45:20 CDT 2010

Humble sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Though I was not expecting bouquet for my mails, I never expected brickbat
like this from your goodself prabhuji:-))  But I know whatever you say to
me that is only for my self aggrandizement and I am sure, there is
absolutely no personal animosity in your mail. After all you know very
well, whatever I have today is only your prasAdaM & you dont want to snub
that 'advaitin' in me. As usual, it is my bad time that you are treating
my mails negatively (ofcourse with good intentions) and taking the remarks
which is meant for 'others' on your shoulders. On those lines I think I
have to submit something before you.

> Humble sAshtAnga praNAms Sri vidya prabhuji
> Hare Krishna
>
> Thank you very much for all your kind clarifications & your interest in
my
> observations prabhuji...I must confess here that I dont have enough
> strength & jnAna to answer your qustions prabhuji. I am already in the
> bad books of your goodself & I donot want to let it go worsen still !!
> You may call this excuse as hypocrisy, escapism, lack of knowledge,
> prejudiced mind set anything you want...But it is a fact that I value
more
> my relationship with you than to engage myself in a discussion with your

> goodself prabhuji. Hope you would forgive your discarded shishya.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Bhaskar, if you meant that seriously, you would not have written
as follows, in response to another member,

"( someone may fumingly intrude and say 'no it is out of context,
and these are mere words without knowing the meaning etc. but for
me it is very much within the context & these words do mean a lot
to me :-))"

I don't see anybody else than me to whom this response of yours
applies. Pardon me if I say it sounds very hypocritical - you
dismiss my comment this frivolously and describe it as "fuming"
in one post, and on the same day, you claim that you value a
relationship with me as a sishya, even though I have always
disclaimed guru-hood. I would be quite vexed if I were not
totally amused by this!

bhaskar :

I am really sorry prabhuji, it is a gross misunderstanding due to my bad
communication skills...Prabhuji, do you know that this 'someone' directly
called me a non-traditional thinker in an open list??  prabhuji do you
know, that 'someone' is under the impression that I am not doing justice
to my own paramaguruji & misrepresentiing his teachings??  prabhuji do you
know, because of my reply to that 'someone's comment I had to accept a
yellow card from the moderators in another list??  Perhaps, you might not
know the discussions I had with this 'someone' in another list...had you
know the details of those discussions, I am sure you would have not taken
your name in place of that 'someone'.  How can I expect my guruji to fume
at me when he himself compassionately & patiently shown the path of
advaita jnAna??  And where your goodself told me that whatever you are
writing is rubbish & those are mere words without meaning??  I dont know
how you have mistaken this comment of mine when there is absolutely
nothing to give you such impression!!  If at all I wanted to say something
to you, I would have done so by directly addressing  my concerns to you
prabhuji.  I hope you have already given that adhikAra to me..why should I
hide behind the screen to express my feelings when you are always kind to
me!! you tell me prabhuji.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Although I don't keep good books and bad books wherein to classify
people, if you care about your supposed Sishya relationship, the
only way to not worsen your "being in my bad books" is to be honest,
straightforward and intellectually rigorous.

bhaskar :

prabhuji, when I am presenting myself to the list, you can trust me, I am
always trying to be true to myself. If you still think I am not honest,
straightforward, I dont say it is your perception, I agree that it is only
my mistake of  not living upto your expectation.  And my intellectual
rigors is certainly below average prabhuji, I dont have courage & capacity
to hold torch to the 'vidyA sUrya'...The intelligence is still a small
spark,  compassionately given by this 'vidyA-vyAsa sUrya' which is
illumining the advaita jnAna in me prabhuji.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

When you use terms like atyanta abhAva and I ask you to clarify what you
mean by that with respect to pramANa vyavahAra and how that is different
from the nirvikalpaka samAdhi that you so often deride. Please get on
with the business of clarifying your statements

bhaskar :

prabhuji, I am an employee & I dont know how to get on with the 'business'
with tycoons.  Moreover, I never treated my discussion on advaita is a
'business':-)) ( Hope you would permit me to have lighter moments like
this with you prabhuji)

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

and do not sidestep a discussion with an appeal to emotion.

bhaskar :

Even jnAni-s for that matter are NOT free from emotions & feelings due to
their prArabdha :-) how can I free myself from the emotional attachment
with your good self prabhuji??

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

If you had enough strength and jnAna to talk of the atyanta abhAva of
pramANa-prameya-pramAtR
vyavahAra in your initial post, you surely have sufficient strength
and jnAna to explain your usage of such deep words, especially when
you are requested to do so by someone whom you claim to respect as
a guru. If the words mean a lot to you, then you can easily explain
what exactly they mean to you and how they mean a lot to you.

bhaskar :

As I told above, I dont have enough strength to focus the torch to the sun
prabhuji.  Hope you would understand my limitation.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

A clear attempt to explain on your part would be far more valuable
than thousands of sAshTAnga pranAm-s and protestations of humility
towards this "prabhuji".

bhaskar :

Ah!! thanks prabhuji.. atlast I know, despite my meaningless ramblings, my
guruji accepting my praNAms & prostrations, that shows how compassionate
he is towards me!!

I KNOW MY GURUJI MAKES FEWER MISTAKES THAN GOD WHEN ASCERTAINING THE
APTITUDE OF HIS PUPIL..

Thanks,
Vidyasankar

Your humble servant