[Advaita-l] Advaiti Response to this report?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Jan 10 23:03:25 CST 2012

//
I don't think this is a good advice.
//

That is what Shri Bharati Tirtha adviced and referred "dustarkAtsuviramyatAM".

//
If you can't understand a philosophy, then how could you go on supporting
it. And what is this anubhUti thing ?
//

Fine. If you have understood the philosphy, why you are bent upon arguing with others?
Do your sadhana quietly. Infact, why should you bother about others.  What is the point in convincing others that I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.

//
You just fail to understand that the problem is not with brahmavit. People
are arguing about brahma-viGYAna. Which type of brahma-viGYAna, advaitin's
version or dvaitins', is correct - is the question.

//

Again, the same problem? Why should you bother about these issues? Does it have any impact on your nitya anushtana?

///
Primers are not enough is also widely accepted.

//

Mahamahopadhyaya Maddulapalli Manikya Sastry Garu of trilinga vidya pitha taught vedanta to my guru.    Dakshinamurty Stotra was being taught and it took 2 years to teach these 10 stanzas!  When my guru was in the death bed during the last stages of his life,
when i asked him how his health was, the only reply from my revered guru was that "I am trying to assimilate the 1st sloka of this stotra".  On his death bed, he was trying to visualize the sentence "vishwaM darpaNa drishyamAna nagareetulyaM nijAntargataM".

sriram