[Advaita-l] Pancha Kanya Questions

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 23:34:53 CDT 2012

Namaste,

Firstly, kindly do not make hodgepodgeof my mail and your reply. You did not leave any space between my mail and your reply.

1)
Yes, I did write as follows:
quote
"Nowhere it is said that Ahlya was kamatura.She was the victim of Indra's passion."
Unquote

Your replied as follows.
Ahalya was knowing Indra was in disguise and came to enjoy her. In
this intimate matter of husband wife relations the wife can
immediately feel and detect some body not her husband. Indra can be in
disguise but how can he exactly act like Gautama in this act. Every
man has different taste and different style. He will do something like
Indra but not Gautama.
Unquote

If Ahlya also sought Indra then where was theĀ  need for Indra to come in disguise. Have you thought about it ?Indra was aot a human being like you and me. I believe that the devas do have the capability to disguise. If Ahlya too knowingly abetted the adultery then she would been called a Kultaa or promiscuous woman and she would not have been listed among the Panchakahyas.

2)
Bali's wife Tara did no wrong and that is why she is an honorable lady and included among the Panchakanyas, assuming that she is the Tara mentioned in the Panchakanya stotra. She married Sugriva was as per the custom prevailing at that time. There is no need to give her undue credit saying that she married Sugriva to safeguard the interest of Angada.

Regards,
Sunil KB

________________________________
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Sunil Bhattacharjya
<sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1)
> Nowhere it is said that Ahlya was kamatura.She was the victim of Indra's passion.
Ahalya was knowing Indra was in disguise and came to enjoy her. In
this intimate matter of husband wife relations the wife can
immediately feel and detect some body not her husband. Indra can be in
disguise but how can he exactly act like Gautama in this act. Every
man has different taste and different style. He will do something like
Indra but not Gautama.

> 2)
> Vali's wife did not have to protect the rights of Angada as Lord Ram already assured that Angad would succeed Sugriva. Moreover there were other Taras such as Brihaspatiu's wife and Harischnadra's wife, who also had the name Tara.Brihaspati's wife was victim of Chandra's passion.
not have beenĀ  listed among the Panchakanyas. She should have the

> Sincerely,
>
> Sunil KB

-Venkatesh