[Advaita-l] Need information on learning Vedas online

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 00:06:23 CDT 2013

Namaste

In my email I was asking how Sringeri and other Maths are propagating
Sanskrit learning. I know Sanskrit Bharati is doing very good work.  In the
first email I said the Maths have to learn from Sanskrit Bharati example.

Comparing with Sanskrit Bharati the Maths are doing a poor job. The Maths
have very great financial strength but not Sanskrit Bharati. But Sanskrit
Bharati is doing better job. If you say Maths are also doing something I
will say it is not enough. With the financial strength they can do wonders
in Sanskrit and Veda learning but unfortunately they are not doing it. It
is the foremost duty of the Maths to propagate Vaidika and Sanskrit
learning. They are failing in it. This is a sad situation.

The Kanchi Math is better than Sringeri because it has a lot of Veda
Pathashalas. Even many Vaidika Brahmins from Karnataka are going to Kanchi
for Veda studies. This is showing Sringeri is not doing much. The Sringeri
Swamiji is not even interested in visiting many places in Karnataka. People
there are calling him but he is not interested. He is going to many places
in TN and Andhra. This is very strange. Swamijis should have National and
International vision and propagate our Dharma and culture. Otherwise our
Dharma and culture will become weak.

-Venkatesh