[Advaita-l] Query Regarding Atharva Veda

Abhinand Abhinand via Advaita-l advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Wed Oct 22 09:33:40 CDT 2014

Namaste Bhaktas,
I was happy and surprised after reading so many posts related to Atharva Veda by Shri Animesh & others.
Nice to know that many smartha prayogas of Atharva Veda have been preserved.

I have a specific query regarding this, to Shri Animesh in particular & others too in general.

In other veda shakas, we have Sringeri Paatha, Kanchi Paatha, Thanjavur Paatha, Kashi Paatha etc.
Each referring to styles of chanting (same swaras & aksharas)
What about Atharva Veda? Do we have similar Paatha bhedas? Or is it the same all over the country?

Also, there has been a lot of efforts from Kanchi Mutt to rejenuvate atharva veda shakas, so does kanchi mutt have its own style of chanting or is it a borrowed one?

Dhanyavadaha
Abhinand