[Advaita-l] The 'Light of Consciousness'.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 02:48:20 EST 2018

Chandramouliji PraNAms
As I understand, one has to look each state from its own reference. What you said is true from the point of wakers' mind. When the dream world is created, the waker's mind becomes Iswara's mind that pervades the entire dream universe that includes all the jeevas in the dream. Having created the dream world, one can say 'He enters' as the subject in the dream creation and there other objects which constitute chara and achara - or sentient and insentient beings with their own bodies. As Swami Paramarthanandaji - the dream is not a dream for a dreamer while he is the dream'. I should have put that statement in quotes. Hence from dream subject point as Mandukya Upanishad (aagama part) - which describes the dream state - in the same fashion as the waking state. -ekona vimshati mukhaH - is used for both the waker and dreamer - 19 gateways the subject experiences - five jnaanedriyas, five karmendriyas, five praanaas and mind, intellect, memory and ego - total 19 applies both the waker jeeva and dreamer jeeva. If I am running away from the tiger that is chasing me and tiger is also perhaps praying god to have her food after a long time, karmendriyas and jnaanedriyas are functioning for both 'jeevas'. Hence a dream subject I am perceiving the world outside including the sun and running in the forest in the sunlight only. Only when I am awakened from the dream then I realize that it is all dream and I do not have to go after that tiger with a gun. Then it is recognized that it was in the play of MI due to suppressions and oppressions in the mind which act as seed vaasanaasa for my dream creation.
If one looks at the vaitatya prakarana - Goudapaada says - perceptibility, transactability or utility are not the criteria to establish the reality since these are possible in both waking and dream state. That which is abhaadhitam or that is which has nityatvam alone is real.

Hari Om!
Sadananda