[Advaita-l] Kumarila Bhattas devotion to Shiva Bhagavan

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Nov 13 01:50:47 EST 2018

Humble praNAms Sri Jaldhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

But for what its worth even in Vedanta, Ishvara does not bestow karmaphala on a personal whim but as a natural consequence of the karma itself.  So karma is kind of independent for all practical intents and purposes even there.

>  Yes, prabhuji, Ishwara's apekesha ( the intent ) of doing 'vishama srushti' depends on jeeva's dharmAdharma not through his personal whims clarifies bhAshyakAra in sUtra bhAshya.  And he further clarifies 'it is not Ishwara's aparAdha' .  sarva vedAnteshu cha IshwarahetukA  eva srushtayO vyapadkshyante.  Tadeva cha Ishwarasya phalahetutvaM yat "svakarmAnurUpAH prajAH srujateeti.  dharmAdharmau apekshete..ataH srujyamAna prANi dharmAdharmApekshA vishamAsrushtiH..we cannot blame Ishwara for this.
Does pUrvamImAmsa also hold this view prabhuji??

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar