[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 2 02:04:59 EDT 2019

You write  << Thus prarabdha, when it begins its work, is not without inducing the appropriate samskara/vasana in the person >>.

 This is exactly what I also meant in my earlier post.

Quote  <<  When a new sharIra is takenup due to prArabdha, it is along with samskAras/vAsanAs. This has been stated elsewhere in the vArtika. I am unable to give exact reference offhand >>.

There is no difference here.

praNAms Sri ChandramouLi prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I reckon there is subtle ( but the significant one) difference in saying
(a) prArabdha carries vAsana & saMskAra in jnAni's BMI will last till the death of physical body and
(b) due to prArabda and avidyA lesha there would be a chances of getting 'fresh' vAsana / saMskAra in the form of rAga-dvesha during the post realization period.

If I mis-read these two different positions my apologies in advance.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar