[Advaita-l] Negating the Five Differences, 'Pancha Bheda-s'

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 23 23:57:18 EDT 2019

Bheda is not a new concept. In fact Madhvacharyaru has cited a shruti verse in support if the five bhedas. We have no access to that shruti though. These bhedas are not special. All of us experience the bhedas in our daily life. Advaita holds that bheda darshanam is avidyakrutam and atmikatva Jnanam is the dispeller of this avidya.

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna
I was particularly interested to know tattvavAda’s paNcha bedha and its refutation in shankara’s commentary.  Not generally accepted dvaita vAdins like sAnkhya-yOga and its refutation in shankara bhAshya.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar