[Advaita-l] Bhaagavata khandanam

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 06:06:46 EST 2019

Namaste Jaldhar ji
I have read that not only Sri Shankara but also Sri Ramanuja has not quoted
a single reference from the Srimad-bhagavatam.

Two major Acharya's before 1100 AD have made no mention whatsoever. The
latter particularly would have found many agreeable Vaishnava ideas there
to substantiate his viewpoint.

One related bit of information - Swami Tapasyananda of RK Mission in his
long introduction to his English translation of the srimad (Krishna)
bhagavatam writes that a post-Ramanuja (i e., post 11th century ) southern
Indian author composed it.  He suggests that the nucleus of the tenth canto
describing the life of Krishna is much older. But the extant version of the
text is most likely to be post-Ramanuja. This is just fyi.

Om

Raghav

On Wed, 25 Dec, 2019, 1:02 PM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l, <