[Advaita-l] Mantra Japa during grahana.

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:10:43 EDT 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 5:00 AM KAMESWARARAO MULA via Advaita-l <

> No.  Grahanakala is an inauspicious time for japa
>
> I don't agree this as I have reference to contradict this
> statement.Ganapathi atharvana sirsha says that : Suuryagrahe-Mahaa-Nadyaam
> Pratimaa-Sannidhau Vaa Japtvaa Siddha-Mantro Bhavati.

There was an announcement that all shrines in Sringeri will be kept open
during the Grahana for people to come there and do japa, etc. Either
Gayatri (for those it has been given) or other japa-s that people have
received can be performed during Grahana.  Maybe there is a difference of
opinion across various parts of the country. Desha aachaara.

regards
subrahmanian.v