[Advaita-l] Looking for a Smriti reference

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:00:47 EDT 2020

Namaste Subbu ji

I recollect the vishishTAdvaita interpretation is to parse the word Uma in
Kena upanishad as Lakshmi Devi in a clever way.

They would be happy about the shAnti parvan verse where the smRti verse
equates Hari (ViShNu) or vishvaksena, with vidyAsahAyam.

The word Haima-vati in Kena would then have to be taken in the sense of
hiraNmayI i.e., Lakshmi Devi.

The malleability of sanskrit is taken advantage of by the vaiShNava
interpretation to gloss over the kaivalya reference

Om
Raghav

On Thu, 27 Aug, 2020, 4:27 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <