[Advaita-l] Advaithic Question on the Nature of MAYA and Illusory nature of Reality

Sadananda Chandrashekaraiah sadananda41 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:17:40 EDT 2020

Hi all knowledgeable people,

I have a question to clarify,

"" How does Maya project Brahman as this illusory Universe ? What is the
mechanism by which this illusion is created.""

In the path of enquiry I am currently in this stage where I am not
satisfied with the answer ' it just appears as it is'. Even for water to
appear in a gaseous state the inherent energy levels within molecules have
to be high enough to be sparse apart to appear as vapours and the contrary
in ice cubes. If we take this as an example, even for something to appear
in different states it has to undergo some process like solidification or
gasification like in this case.

I just want to understand the visible universe with more coherent
explanation than it just appears as it.

Can someone knowledgeable give me some layman's explanation on this doubt ?

Regards,
Sadananda Chandrashekaraiah