[Advaita-l] Skanda upasana in the Mahabharata

Uddeshya Sharma 530uddeshya at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 12:44:58 EDT 2021

Respected sir, you talked about skanda upasana in Ramayan which has already
been discussed. Could you share the link for that?

Also, it's quite intriguing to look at how the hymn starts by linking
Skanda to Brahman itself. It fits in well with the idea conveyed by the
texts  like Shankara Samhita where Lord Shiv talks of skanda in similar
terms. Describing him as being one as Same with him and simultaneously also
being born of him. The initial two words fitting quite well here. It also
follows from puranic and local traditions that one's own soul is born as
the son: the Brahman being born from the brahman itself and staying Brahman
in attributes too. Puranmidam Purnamadah.

Thank you.

Your humble follower

SHIV SHIV

On Sat 20 Mar, 2021, 7:21 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <