[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Had Shankaracharya seen the Suta samhita?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:26:45 EDT 2021

Thanks Chandramouli ji for the reference to the KR Nagar Swamiji's talks.
Regarding the Bhagavata dating, it would be of interest that Dr BNK Sharma
drew the attention to the Uttara Gita Bhashya admitted to be of
Gaudapadacharya where there is a full verse of the Bhagavatam.
Regarding the Adhyatma Ramayana (and the Lalita Sahasra Nama) it could be
conjectured that they did form part of the Brahmanda Purana but not
available in the extant versions of this Purana.  One could draw a parallel
to verses cited by Madhvacharya from the Brahmanda and Skanda and Padma
puranas are not available in the extant versions. So with the Kalika/Devi
Purana which purana-researchers say.

regards
subbu

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 3:21 PM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <