[Advaita-l] Fwd: [advaitin] Yet another Mahavakya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:27:42 EDT 2021

Namaste Bhaskar ji
Exactly - I didn't think of that example, thanks. We can't dissmiss that as
arthavAda either, because by devatAdhikaraNa nyAya, it is a case of
bhUtArthavAda.

So if we accept that that is a valid case of aparoksha jnAna, then either
mahAvAkya shravaNam being the cause of aparoksha jnAna must be denied,
which is siddhAnta hAni, or we must accept that a samskAra of mahAvAkya
shravaNa can sometimes be sufficient for aparoksha jnAna later.

Regards
Venkatraghavan