[Advaita-l] From Sri Krishna karnamrutam

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Sep 21 03:15:05 EDT 2021

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021, KAMESWARARAO MULA wrote:

> What is " Pushti Margis"?, as I heard this name several times & don't know
> the details and is it similar to 'Vaishnavism'?

Pushti Marga is one of the four principal Vaishnava Sampradayas and was
  established by Vallabhacharya (so you sometimes see its
followers described as Vallabhacharis.)  Its' philosophy is Shuddhadvaita
Vedanta ("shuddha" because it is purified of the "mayavada" Vaishnavas
dislike so much.)  The grhastha Goswamis who are the descendents of
Vallavhacharya are the gurus of this sect.  They are different from the
Vrndavan Goswamis who are Gaudiyas.

It is very popular in Gujarat and Marwada in particular and though I do
not believe in its tenets it has been a big cultural influence on me.
The well-known Bhagavata kathakara Golokavasi Krishnashankar Shastriji was
a Pushti Margi and I consider him as a Guru.